- 16 years of accident free operation saw Skywork Helicopters awarded the prestigious New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority's Aviation Safety Award of Excellence in both 2000 and 2011: an Award which covers the entire spectrum of aviation in New Zealand, including airlines and fixed wing operations. This is the only time in New Zealand aviation history a company has twice been the recipient of the CAA Safety Award, a proud and distinguished accomplishment that reinforces Skywork’s strong safety emphasis.
- Skywork was the first helicopter operator in New Zealand to be certified under the new Civil Aviation rules April 1997 that set tough new standards for the industry. The company complies with all CAA regulations and was the first company certified under the new NZ Aviation Rules 119 and 135.
- Skywork Helicopters are Part 133 CAA-approved operator with human sling, winching and rappelling privileges included, one of only two companies in New Zealand who hold an exemption to operate over or adjacent to a congested area of a city, town, or settlement under Civil Aviation Rules part 133.69.
- Skywork has developed its company profile around compliance and currently operates quality safety and environmental systems that are industry best practice.
- In 2011 Skywork Helicopters Ltd gained entry to the ACC partnership programme at tertiary level, an almost unheard-of achievement for any industry.